Ordering products in a request
Product Ordering form (Click the following screenshot to expand it)
The following procedures explain how to use the Product Ordering form:
To order products
- Open the Request Entry console.
- Search the catalog to find the service request offering that is used for ordering products.
- Click the link to open the product ordering service.
The Product Ordering form displays a list of available products along with the manufacturer, model/version, market version, and price.
- To filter the list by product type, select an option from the Search for list, such as Hardware or Software.
- To search for a product, enter a keyword in the Search field and click the Search (magnifying glass) icon.
- To view product details, select the product from the Available Products list.
The product's name, description, image and price are displayed.
- In the product details pane, select the desired quantity, and click Add to Order.
Your ordered items are displayed in the Order Summary panel on the right.
- (Optional) To change the quantity of an item in your order, in the Order Summary panel, enter the new number in the Quantity field for the item, and click Update Order.
When you change the quantity, the system automatically updates the total price.
- (Optional) To remove an item from your order, in the Order Summary panel, click the Delete icon that is next to the item.
When you remove an item, the system automatically updates the total price.
- To submit the request, click Submit; to save your request as a draft for submission at a later date, click Save as Draft;
- Click OK when the system displays a message confirming that your request has been submitted.
The request is displayed in the My Requests panel on the Request Entry console's home page.
To edit requester details
- On the Product Ordering form, click Edit in the top panel where requester information is displayed.
You can update the Requested For name, phone number, and email address
- If you are requesting on behalf of another user, perform the following steps:
- Click the On Behalf Of icon next to the Requested For field.
- Enter a user name (or part of a name) in the Search field and click the Search icon.
Choose a name and click Select.
For more information about requesting on behalf of another user, see Submitting requests on behalf of other users.
You need a Write license to submit draft requests on behalf of other users.
- Click Save.