Mapping approvers to approval phases for level-type approval processes
The following procedure describes how to map approvers to approval phases for Level approval processes.
Approvers are selected based on an exact match to the configured approval mappings. Partial values and wildcards (such as %) in approval mapping fields are not supported. A blank field implies any match.
To map approvers to approval phases
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Service Request Management > Approval > Approval Mappings, and click Open.
The Approver Mappings form appears in New mode. The Additional Mappings area of the form is empty until you select an item in the Approval Indicator field.
Enter information in the following fields:
Action and description
Select the type of approver:
- Individual — If you select this option, enter the individual's last name and press Enter. The Approver ID (or logon name) is automatically completed. See Creating individual mappings to work with level-type approval processes.
- Group — If you select this option, the First Name, Last Name, and Approver ID fields are replaced by Support Company, Support Organization, and Support Group Name.
Select values for each field. The items that appear in the Support Organization list depend on the option you select for Support Company. The items that appear in the Support Group list depend on the option you select for Support Organization. See Creating group mappings to work with level-type approval processes.
- Inherent Group/Role — If you select this option, the Inherent Group and Functional Role fields appear.
Note: If you select the Group option, all people who belong to the support group and have the Request Approver or SRD Approver functional role are set up as approvers. By default, only one approver in the group must sign off on the approval before it can move to the next state, as described in Creating group mappings to work with level-type approval processes. For information about modifying the If Multiple Approvers setting in the AP:Administration form, see the information about roles in BMC Remedy Approval Server.
If you select Approval For Individual, this field appears.
Note: Enter part of first name of the approver and press Enter to quickly enter the approver's name.
If you select Approval For Individual, this field appears. Use autofill to enter the approver's last name.
If you select Approval For Individual, this read-only field appears. The Login ID of the approver automatically is included when you select the approver.
Select Yes or No to indicate if the individual or group is available for the assignment.
Indicates the current status of the group or individual approving the service request or SRD. For the approver mapping to be available, select a status of Enabled.
Select which form this approver mapping will affect. For BMC Service Request Management, select one of the following options to create approver mappings:
- Service Request
- Service Request Definition
When you select either of these options, the Mapping Criteria tab appears under Additional Mappings. This enables you to map the approver to a category-cost combination.
Phase company for this approver mapping. This option maps the approval phase to the approver.
When you select a phase name, the Phase Company field is automatically filled.
Note: These phase name values are filled from the enabled approval process configuration data in the Approval Process Configuration form.
Specify the level of approval for the individual or group.
(Optional) Enter a description for this approver mapping.
- Click the Mapping Criteria tab to add additional criteria for navigation tiers, SRD information, and so on.
The Individual or Group approver defined is used only for service requests and SRDs matching this criteria.
- Click Save.