FAQs and additional resources
This topic provides information that supplements the BMC Service Request Management documentation. It contains the following sections:
Frequently asked questions
Where to find information previously provided in a guide or manual
Identity Request Management no longer supported
The Identity Request Management (IRM) module is no longer supported in versions 9.0 and later of BMC Service Request Management. However, IRM continues to be shipped for reference in version 9.0 of BMC Service Request Management.
For more information about the end of life of IRM, see Product announcements.
Where to find information previously provided in a technical bulletin
Type of technical bulletin
Found here in
Contents of a service pack or patch and instructions particular to it
Where to find information previously provided in a white paper
Found here in
Performance and Scalability of 7.6.04 SP1 BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, BMC Service Request Management, BMC Knowledge Management, and BMC Atrium on Windows
Flashes contained urgent information about product issues and are delivered after a product is released. On docs.bmc.com, this information is delivered in an "Urgent issues" topic, under Release notes and notices. If this topic does not exist for a given product release, no urgent issues have been discovered for that release.
Yes, all of the documentation for BMC Service Request Management 9.0 is in this space. Links to documentation for related products are found in Additional resources from BMC.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. Once the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
Additional resources from BMC
The following BMC sites provide information outside of the BMC Service Request Management 9.0 documentation that you might find helpful:
- BMC Communities, Service Support community
- BMC Support Knowledge Base, search filtered by BMC Service Request Management
- BMC Educational Services, BMC Service Request Management learning path
- Documentation for related products