Before you enable entitlement, you must create entitlement rules that allow users to access their service request definitions (SRDs). Otherwise, after you enable entitlement, users cannot access their SRDs.
To enable entitlement
- In the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Service Request Management > Entitlement > Entitlement Management, and then click Open.
- In the Entitlement Console, select the Enabled option.
You can create entitlement groups and rules from this console.
- In the Apply Entitlement Rules to Global SRDs field, specify whether entitlement rules apply to global SRDs.
- If you select No (the default), entitlement rules do not apply to global SRDs. All users can request global SRDs. The assumption is that global SRDs are intended for all users and should not be limited by multi-tenancy.
- If you select Yes, any entitlement rules defined for SRDs are also either directly or indirectly applied to global SRDs.
If you select Yes, and you use the Create Service Request on Submit option in BMC Incident Management, BMC Change Management, or Work Order Management, you must create entitlement rules for the three system SRDs that support this functionality. For more information, see Creating requests from fulfillment applications.