Creating service targets for an SRD
Create service targets for service request definitions (SRDs) by using the following procedure.
To create a service target for an SRD
- Search for the SRD, select it, and click View.
To create a new SRD, see Creating a standard SRD or Creating a quick launch SRD.
- Click the SLM tab.
- Select a goal from the Goal list.
The Goal list contains a selection of predefined templates for service targets that define specific goals.
The options are:
- Service Request Total Time — This goal sets a time to complete the request after it is submitted.
- Service Request Process Time — This goal sets a time to complete the request after it is approved.
- Service Request Approval Time — This goal sets a time to approve the request after it is submitted.
The Service Target Wizard appears.
Some fields in the Step 1 tab are automatically filled; for others, you can enter or change the criteria.
Field name Description Title The title assigned to the service target. The title consists of the SRD number -Service Request title- SLM ID number. Description Enter an optional description of what the service target does. Goal Type The goal type you selected in step 3 Goal and Cost Hours Minutes The number of hours and minutes before the service target is considered "missed" Business Schedules Business Entity Select a business entity that specifies the times when you do not want the service target to be measured, for example, during a holiday when the company is shut down.
- Click Next to move to Step 2.
In Step 2, you can create milestones and actions that will ensure that your service target meets its goal. For example, if 75 percent of the time has elapsed and the request is incomplete, you can send a reminder to the manager.
- To select a milestone, click Add under the Milestones table.
- In the Create New Milestone dialog box, select a milestone (for example, Service Request - 100% of goal) and click OK.
The milestone is listed in the Milestones table.
- To select the action that occurs at the selected milestone, click Add (below the Actions table).
- Create New Action dialog box, select an action (for example, Service Request warn request manager) and click OK.
The action is listed in the Actions table.
- Select more milestones and actions if applicable.
- Click Finish.
A dialog box asks if you want to build the rules for the service target. This creates the workflow so that the service target can be deployed.
- Click an option to build the rules. You have the following choices:
- Yes — The product builds the rules immediately.
- No — The product does not build the rules at this time. You can build the rules later by opening the Service Level Management console at the Service Targets tab. The service target that was not built is listed with a build status of "Needs to be Built." Select your service target and click Build.
After the rules are built, your service target is created and associated with your SRD.
- Click Refresh to view service targets in the Current Service Targets table that are associated with the service request.
- Save your service request and associated service targets.