Creating individual mappings to work with level-type approval processes
This topic describes how to configure individual approver mappings to work with the application.
To create individual mappings to work with Level approval processes
- (SRD approvals only) Enable the Service Request Definition - Level phase.
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation >Advanced Options > Approval Process Configuration, and click Open.
- In the Approval Process Configuration form, search for the SRD:ServiceRequestDefinition form name.
The two SRD approval process configuration records appear.
- Select the Service Request Definition - Ad Hoc approval configuration record, and select Offline for the status.
- Select the Service Request Definition - Level approval configuration record, and select Enabled for the status.
This enables you to select the Service Request Definition - Level phase when you create an approver mapping.
- Save and close the form.
- From the Application Administration Console, choose Service Request Management >Approval > Approval Mappings, and click Open.
In the Approval For field, select Individual.
To map an individual approver, you can select any individual who has a record in the People form. It is not necessary to select a person with the SRD Approver functional role (for example, Allen Allbrook). This example uses Ian Plyment.
- In the Approval Indicator field, select which form this approver mapping will affect (for example, Service Request Definition).
- In the Phase Name field, select which approval phase needs mapping in the application (for example, Service Request Definition - Level).
- Enter the remaining required information.
Depending on which mapping values you specify, different approvals are generated.
When approver mappings are created, you do not need to enter values in all the fields on the Approver Mappings form.
Individual approval is generated on the basis of the approver mapping values at the top of the form and any optional values at the bottom of the form (for example, if you enter a navigational category). Ian Plyment is the approver for all Service Request Definition - Level processes if none of the additional mapping values are defined.
You can create multiple approver mappings. For example, you can configure a different approver to approve SRDs that are "gold" level and cost over $500.00.
- Save and close the form.
For SRDs, if you have not created any other approver mappings, when an SRD is promoted to the Request for Approval state, the SRD cannot be deployed until the individual you set in this procedure approves the request.
In addition, you can create a multiple-level approver mapping--where both Allen Allbrook and Ian Plyment must approve the SRD before it can move to the next state. Here you could set Allen Allbrook as 0 level and Ian Plyment as 1. In this example, Allen Allbrook must approve the SRD first. The Approval Server generates a second approval for Ian Plyment.