Configuring the auto-approval chain: Advanced
BMC Service Request Management is installed with an automatic approval chain that you can customize for your use. The approval chain works with a preconfigured approval process and rule that you must enable. You might want to use this approval chain in situations where approvals are based on the user's response to questions. For example, you might use a custom approval chain that requires a manager's approval for a specific user response, and then use the auto-approval chain for all other responses.
You must carefully configure the Order and Selection Criteria in the auto-approval chain. Consider keeping the Order value high and setting the Selection Criteria for a specific SRD. This will prevent unintended automatic approvals of service requests that should require approval.
To configure automatic approvals, you must have the following permissions:
- BMC Remedy AR System Administrator or Approval Admin
- SRM Administrator
To configure the auto-approval chain
- From the Application Administration Console, modify the Selection Criteria for the SRM:Request_Auto Approve approval chain.
- From the Approval Administration Console, enable the out-of-the-box automatic approval process and rule:
- Choose Applications > Quick Links > Approval Administration Console.
- On the Process tab, view the Service Request – Auto Approve process and set the Status to Active.
- On the Rule tab, view the SR – Auto Approved rule and set the Status to Active.