Adding hyperlinks in an SRD
You can add hyperlinks, such as a URL or the location of a form on the web, in an SRD. Requesters can access these links from the request form on the Request Entry console.
You can enter hyperlinks in the following fields for an SRD:
In the Instructions field, you can add hyperlinks in rich text format (RTF). Hence you do not need to enter HTML code.
To add hyperlinks in the Description field, you need to enter HTML code. For example, you can add the following HTML snippet:
<a href="http://www.bmc.com" target="_blank">BMC</a>
When embedding HTML, you must use the
target="_blank" code; otherwise, the link tries to open inside the field but fails. Using
_blank targets opens to a new window, outside the Request Entry console.
<a href="#" onClick="window.open('http://www.bmc.com', 'win'); return false">BMC</a>
To add a hyperlink in an SRD
- To add a hyperlink in the Instructions field:
- Click the RTF icon to open the Instructions dialog box.
- Enter the text or URL in the dialog box and select it.
- Click the HTML Link button in the toolbar to view the Link Options dialog box.
- If you entered text in the Instructions dialog box, enter the URL that you want to link to the text.
If you want to remove the link, click Remove link from text .
- (Optional) Enter a brief description of the link.
- Close the box.
To add a hyperlink in the Description field, enter the HTML snippet in the field, as described earlier in this section.
When you add or modify an HTML link or an image link in the Instructions field, make sure that Open in New Window is selected. This will open the link in a new window.