Setting Work Order Console preferences
You can view and edit the default appearance of the Work Order Console that users see. For example, when the Work Order Console opens, you can determine the default search criteria settings.
When you define your preferences (for example, to view all open work orders), this base set of preferences is inherited in the Overview Console.
To set application preferences
- In the Work Order Console, click Functions > Application Preferences.
- In the Default Home Page field, select the console that you want to appear as your home page when you log into the BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) server. For example, if you want the Work Order Management console to appear, select Work Order Management Console. The default value is IT Home Page.
- In the Company field, select the company that you want to appear in the Company field of the Work Order Management console by default.
- In the Show field, you can select the default console view:
- Submitted By Me — Shows all work orders that you submitted
- Assigned To Me — Displays change requests assigned to you
- Assigned To My Selected Groups — Prompts you to select any support groups to which you belong
You can select to display all change requests assigned to your group, or change requests assigned to your group that are not yet assigned to an individual.
- Assigned To All My Groups — Displays change requests assigned to all your support groups
You can choose to display all change requests, or change requests that are not yet assigned to an individual.
- Click the Work Order Management tab.
- In the Work Order Console Settings section, specify the following information:
- Main Table — Select Work Order to set the console focus to work orders, or select Tasks to set the console focus to tasks.
- After New Save — Specify one of the following actions when you click Save on a Work Order form:
- New Request After Submit — (Default) Opens the Work Order form in New mode
- Modify Request After Submit — Keeps the current request open in Modify mode
The After New Save field is not displayed in a mixed-version environment, or when BMC Service Request Management is installed as a stand-alone product. The default behavior is also different in these cases — after a new work order is saved, the work order remains open in Modify mode.
- In the Overview Console area, specify the following information:
- Show Work Order — Select Yes if you want work orders loaded into the Assigned Work table when the console is opened.
- Work Order Role — When the Console Focus is Work Orders, select the setting that appears in the Role field.
- Work Order Type — When the Console Focus is Work Orders, select the setting that appears in the Work Order Type field.
- Work Order Status — Select by status type, the Work Orders that are displayed by default in the Overview Console.
- Click Save.
You must close and re-open the Work Order Console for the changes to take effect.