Reconciling custom AIF workflows
When upgrading from BMC Service Request Management 7.6.04 to 8.1.00, you must reconcile the custom advanced interface form (AIF) workflows. If you do not reconcile the AIF workflows, the following features will not work:
- Product Ordering
- Add to cart
- Save as draft
- Request Again
If the service (SRD) used the OOB Sample AIF before the upgrade, errors will occur when the Add to cart, Save as draft, and Request Again features are used, because the old overlaid workflows are used.
For custom AIFs, Request Again behaves like a new request. If you want to use this feature, review the out-of-the-box AIFs and implement what you want copied over when using Request Again. Additionally, the Product Ordering feature, which uses a new out-of-the-box AIF, does not work, unless the changes are reconciled.
To reconcile custom AIF workflows
Perform the following steps:
- Open Dev Studio in the Best Practice Customization mode.
- Back up all of the customizations.
- Create a working list of the custom forms.
- Delete the overlaid workflows attached to each custom form.
- Search for the SRS:AdvancedInterface_FieldsReference form, and create an overlay of the form.
- From the SRS:AdvancedInterface_FieldsReference form, copy all of the fields under the z2PF_Additional Fields tab into the custom forms.
- Verify that the following fields exist on the custom form.
- 303802500 — CallType
- 1000000066 — z1D Char02
- 1000000067 — z1D Char03
- If they are not present, copy them from the SRS:AdvancedInterface_FieldsReference form to the custom form.
- In the custom form, go to Form > Add/Remove Fields in View > Select fields Attached File 2, Attached File 3.
- Click OK.
- Select Select from existing Pools > z2AP_WorkInfo_Attachment in the Create/Select Attachment Pool dialog box.
- Verify that the CallType (303802500), Attached File 2 (304303790), and Attached File 3 (304303800) fields have Submitter, Public, and General Access change permissions.
- Create a working list of the forms from which this custom form was created. For example, if the form was created using the SRS:AdvancedInterface_WithBackendMapping form, create a working list of the SRS:AdvancedInterface_WithBackendMapping forms.
- If there are any other overlaid objects, delete them.
- Select each workflow that is not overlaid (active link, active link guide, filter or filter guide) and overlay them, one by one.
- If any changes were made to the out-of-the-box workflows, reconcile them.
- After the overlays are created, select all of the workflows.
- Edit them (by selecting Workflows > Right-click > Edit) to bring up the Forms list dialog box.
- Click Add, and enter the custom form name.
- Select the form and click OK to add the form to the forms list.
- Click OK to close the forms list dialog.
- Test all of the out-of-the-box and custom AIFs to ensure that they work properly.