Prerequisites to configure CTSA adapter with Identity Management Suite
The CTSA adapter supports the following versions of BMC Identity Management Suite:
- 7.5.00 Service Pack 1 or 7.5.01 with a JBoss application server
- 7.5.00 Service Pack 1 or 7.5.01 with a WebSphere application server
- To use the Web launcher services in BMC Identity Management Suite, upgrade the existing to version PAISI.7.5.01.001. BMC Identity Management Suite 7.5.01 SP1 supports Web launcher service for logon ID other than user_id.
- JDK version 1.5.x is required if the CTSA adapter configured with BMC Identity Management Suite version 7.5.00 must be used with Identity Request Management. JDK version 1.6.x is required if the CTSA adapter is configured with BMC Identity Management Suite version 7.6.04.
Complete the following tasks before you extract the CTSA adapter:
- Ensure that the BMC Identity Management Suite is installed and configured to BMC Identity Enterprise SecurityStation successfully.
- To ensure that BMC Identity Management Suite works with Identity Request Management, make the BMC Identity Management Suite and BMC Identity Enterprise SecurityStation configuration changes.
In the documents that are referenced in the following steps, Identity Request Management is referred to as BMC Remedy Identity Management, which was the name of the product in the earlier versions.
- Perform the BMC Identity Enterprise SecurityStation (ESS) steps described in the "ESS Installation script parameters - BMC Remedy Identity Management" table in the "Initial configuration" section of the "Post-installation" chapter of the BMC Identity Management Suite - Installation Guide. You can access this guide on the BMC Support site at http://www.bmc.com/support.
- If an earlier version 7.5.01.xxx of BMC Remedy Identity Management is not installed and configured, copy the <ARSystemHomeFolder>\irm\adapter\ctsa\7.6.04\ESS\IRMKwds.inp file to BMC Identity Enterprise SecurityStation.
- (UNIX only) Apply Identity Request Management keywords:
- Log in to the BMC Identity Enterprise SecurityStation UNIX account.
- Using FTP ASCII mode, copy the IRMKwds.inp file script from the computer where BMC Identity Enterprise Security Station is installed on the installation media to the $ESS_HOME folder.
Run the IRMKwds.inp script on the computer where BMC Identity Enterprise Security Station is installed.
- From the $ESS_HOME folder, run the IRMKwds.inp script:
Ignore the error messages that appear because some of the keywords are installed as a part of the BMC Identity Management Suite installation.
- From the $ESS_HOME folder, run the ess_config script:
- Enter the following string:
- Restart BMC Identity Enterprise SecurityStation services.
- To enable services (such as the Password Manager Launcher, Enable Account Launcher, or Unlock Account Launcher), perform the procedures that are contained in the "BMC Remedy Identity Management (BRIM) Authentication" section of the BMC Identity Management Suite Configuration and Administration Guide for the platform that you use. You can access this guide on the BMC Support site at http://www.bmc.com/support.
This enables the Identity Request Management authentication from BMC Identity Management Suite.
- To enable GUID mapping, map the ESS_ITSM_ID keyword in the Person entity to instance_id in the ITSM People form.
- To enable mapping of the ITSM person to BMC Enterprise SecurityStation people (commonly known as LOGIN_ID mapping), perform the procedures that are contained in the "Adding an ITSM Person in Enterprise SecurityStation" section of the Enterprise SecurityStation Administration Guide.
- (Optional) Configure the connector in the BMC Identity Management back end (known as BMC Provisioning Module for IT Service Management) to BMC Identity Enterprise SecurityStation.
The mapping feature is available from PANFU.3.3.01.005 patch and later.