Importing data from the Data Management Job Console
Before you import BMC Service Request Management data from the Data Management Job Console, consider existing dependencies within the data. First, import Foundation data (for example, people information) and required fulfillment application templates (for example, work order templates). You can import supporting data in any order.
For information about how the import process works and a comparison of the data import capabilities of the Import Export Console and the Data Management Job Console, see About importing data from the Data Management Job Console.
You must have DMT User or DMT Admin permission to import data from the Job Console.
To import data from the Job Console
- Export the data as an .arx file from the source server.
- Create a zip file of the attachments folder.
- Copy the .arx file and the attachments zip file from the source server to the client computer where the Job Console is located.
The use of spreadsheets to import BMC Service Request Management data is not supported.
- From the navigation pane of the IT Home Page, select Data Management > Job Console.
- Navigate to Job Functions > Create Job.
- Enter the job name and company and click Save.
- Click the Create drop-down list and select a BMC Service Request Management template.
BMC Service Request Management templates are prefixed with "SRM". The template includes a set of steps to validate and promote data. These steps are displayed in the Steps table below the template details. For more information, see Job templates used for creating import jobs.
- Select the Load step and click View.
- In the Load Parameters section, click Add and then click Browse to navigate to the location where you saved the .arx file and the attachments zip file, and select them.
- Click Save again to save your settings.
- Navigate back to the Job Details tab, and change the Status to Build.
- Click Save.
The Run button is now enabled.
- Click Run.
Optionally, you can schedule the job to run at the specified time. For more information, see Scheduling jobs.