Extracting adapter components for Identity Request Management
This topic is applicable only if the adapter components for Identity Request Management are not extracted during installation or if you must configure more adapters.
The ctsa8.1.00.AZ file shipped with BMC Service Request Management is for BMC Identity Management Suite. For more information, see the Overview of the CONTROL-SA adapter.
The AZ Extraction utility extracts the adapter components that the AZ Compression utility zips. This utility extracts the adapter components and applies to Identity Request Management environment.
You cannot change the number of parameters and the names of the parameters in the Adapter Parameters during overwriting.
Before extracting the compressed zip (.AZ) file, ensure that:
- The BMC Remedy AR System server is running.
- The BMC Remedy AR System user is an administrator.
- The JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variables are set.
- An irm folder exists under the home folder for BMC Remedy Action Request System.
Use the AZ Compression utility to create the .AZ file.
To run the AZ Extraction utility
To successfully run the utility, you must either be a user having Administrator permissions on the server to which the adapter component will be extracted, or a user with Read/Write/Execute permissions on the complete BMC Remedy AR System installation folder structure.
- On Microsoft Windows, run the following batch file:
- On UNIX, run the following script:
Invoke the AZ Extraction utility only from %BMC_AR_SYSTEM_HOME%\irm\Adapter_Extraction.
The parameters that are in the batch file and script are as follows:
- <serverName> — The BMC Remedy AR System server name to which the parameters for the Adapter will be pushed
- <serverPort> — The BMC Remedy AR System server port to connect to. Enter 0 if portmapper is used.
- <arUserName> — The administrator user name to connect to the BMC Remedy AR System server
- <arPassword> — The password for the administrator on the BMC Remedy AR System server
- <azFileLocation> — The location of the compressed file (<adapterType version>.AZ)
- <extractionMode> (optional) — The mode in which the adapter should be extracted. The possible values are as follows:
- create_all (default) — Creates the entries in the BMC Remedy AR System configuration forms and extracts the adapter folder structure if it does not exist
- create_dir — Extracts the adapter folder structure if the folder structure does not exist and no entries in the BMC Remedy AR System configuration forms is done. It is used for the BMC Remedy AR System server group configuration on the secondary server to create the folder structure.
- overwrite_all — Extracts the BMC Remedy AR System configuration form entries and creates the folder structure if they do not exist. If they do exist, it overwrites the current.
- overwrite_dir — Creates the folder structure if it does not exist. If the folder structure exists, the current folder structure is overwritten.
After running the AZ Extraction utility, the adapter is extracted to %BMC_AR_SYSTEM_HOME%\irm\adapter.