This section describes how to create a service for your company's service catalog and make it available to your customers and users on the Service Request Entry console.
The following topics are provided:
- How service request definitions are related to Atrium Service Catalog
- Creating application templates and application object templates
- Creating process definition templates
- Creating service request definitions
- Configuring packages and entitlement
- Configuring approvals for SRDs and requests
- Working with surveys
- Using the Service Request Designer
A service offering is represented by a Service Request Definition (SRD). A standard SRD typically includes a description of the service offered, price, required approvals, and user entitlement according to the service level management criteria. It can also include questions for the requester. The requester's responses are passed on to the fulfillment application that is responsible for fulfilling the request. The SRD specifies the automated process to fulfill the request, such as forwarding work orders to the appropriate people to fulfill the service request.
In order to specify the automated process to fulfill a request for the service, you must create the following components contained in the SRD:
- An application template, such as a work order template, incident template, or change template to generate the fulfillment request. For more information about application templates, see Creating application templates and application object templates.
- An application object template (AOT) that defines the application template and the company for which you are creating the SRD. For more information about application object templates, see Creating application templates and application object templates.
- A process definition template (PDT) that includes one or more AOTs, and defines the process for fulfilling a service request. For more information about PDTs, see Creating process definition templates.
After you have created the components mentioned above, you can create the SRD and associate it with one or more PDTs. For more information on creating SRDs, see Creating service request definitions-Quick Start.
Configuring BMC Service Request Management video
This video explains how to configure AOTs, PDTs, and SRDs.
Although the concepts and procedures presented in this video are correct, the user interfaces shown are not current.