Collecting diagnostics in a zip file
Use the Log Zipper component of the BMC Service Request Maintenance tool, to collect diagnostics in a zip file to submit to Customer Support. The Log Zipper creates a collection of log files and file characteristics that Customer Support uses to help you debug your system.
The following sections are provided in this topic:
To run the BMC Service Request Management Maintenance tool
- MultiExcerpt named 'RunningTheMaintenanceTool' was not found
To run the Log Zipper from the Maintenance Tool
- In the BMC Service Request Management Maintenance tool, click the Logs tab.
- Click Zip Logs.
Send the BMCServiceRequestManagementLogs.zip output file from the Temp (tmp) directory to BMC Support.
To unzip the BMCServiceRequestManagementLogs.zip file, use a utility such as WinZip to extract the files, or you might receive an error.
To run the Log Zipper from the command-line interface
- In a command-line window, change to the <BMC_Installation_Directory>\BMCServiceRequestManagement\Utilities folder (where the Maintenance Tool is located).
- Enter one of the following commands:
BMCServiceRequestManagementMaintenanceTool.cmd -silent -logs -zip_logs "-output_file=%TEMP%\BMCServiceRequestManagementLogs.zip"
.sh -silent -logs -zip_logs -output_file=/var/tmp/
- Send the BMCServiceRequestManagementLogs.zip output file from the Temp (tmp) directory to BMC Support.