Managing service targets in Work Order Management
By using BMC Service Level Management, you can create service targets and relate them to a work order to set goals and track the level of service for the work order. You can view the service target from Work Order Management. Service targets created with BMC Service Level Management are internal targets related to Operational Level Agreements (OLAs).
When BMC Service Level Management is installed, the Work Order form shows both overview and in-depth information about the work order in relation to applicable service targets and milestones. Escalations can be set up to notify the assignment group prior to acknowledgment or resolution breach times of work orders.
To view service targets related to a work order, open the work order. The Service Level Management status appears on the Work Order form.
The following table lists the status icons:
Service target is not attached to the work order.
The service targets are attached and are in compliance.
At least one service target is at risk.
Status: Breached. Red: At least one service target did not meet its goal.
You can click the icon to open the SLM:Integration Dialog form. The colors on the Status Gauge on the SLM:Integration Dialog form show the current status of the selected service targets.
The following table explains the items on the Status Gauge:
The service target is in compliance.
The service target has a warning status.
The service target missed its goal.
Due Date and Time
The goal time within which work on the work order must be initiated or completed. Otherwise the goal is missed.
Time Until Due
The amount of time left until the goal is considered missed.
Time Past Due
The amount of time that has passed since the goal was due.
The following table describes the information in the SLM:IntegrationDialog form:
The work order ID
Click to see the details about the selected service targets
Service Target table
The name of the service target
The type of goal for the service target:
The initiation or completion time stipulated in the goal.
Cost Per Min
The cost per minute for missing the initiation or completion time goal.
The goal time within which the change request must be either initiated or completed. Otherwise, the goal is missed.
The status of the service target:
Milestones for SVT
The title of the milestone
The time when the milestone actions are executed.
The status of the milestone is active, inactive (pending), or Action Performed.
To create service target terms and conditions for a work order
- From the Service Level Management console, click the Service Target tab.
- Click Create.
- In the Service Target wizard, enter a title for the service target in the Title field.
- (Optional) Enter a description of the service target in the Description field.
- From the Applies To list, select Work Order.
- In the Goal Type field, select Work Order Resolution.
The work order must be completed within the time specified
- Next to the Terms and Conditions field, click Define.
The Qualification Builder is displayed.
- In the Qualification Builder area, enter any criteria to build the qualification. All fields are optional.
Company, Region, Site Group, and Site responsible for resolving the work order
- On the Customer tab, enter criteria in the Requested For and Operational Level Agreement (OLA) categories.
- Select Exact Match if you want the term used in the qualification to be exactly the same as you have selected or typed in the field. If Exact Match is not selected, you can type in partial words to be used in the qualification.
- On the Classification tab, enter criteria in the fields.
- On the Assignment tab, enter the criteria in the Request Manager and Request Assignee categories.
Click Show Qualification and enter your qualification in the Qualification field.
An example of a qualification is as follows:
'Priority' = "Medium" AND 'Location Company' = $\NULL$ AND 'Customer Company' = "ABC Company" AND 'Customer Organization' = "SMBU" AND 'Customer Department' = "Research and Development" AND 'Product Cat Tier 1(2)' = "Hardware" AND 'Product Cat Tier 2(2)' = "Inventory" AND 'Product Cat Tier 3(2)' = "Laptop" AND 'Owner Support Company' = $\NULL$
To build a custom qualification, select Yes in the Custom Qualification check box, and enter your qualification in the Advanced Qualification Builder.
Save your qualification.
If the service target is related to an agreement with an associated business service CI, an additional qualification is added to your terms and conditions.