Relating work orders to other fulfillment records
You can add, view, and manage the service requests that are related to a work order from the Relationship tab of the Work Order form. The Relationships tab on the Work Order form includes a table that lists all service requests that are related to the selected work order. However, if the BMC Helix ITSM fulfillment applications are installed on a remote computer, the work order status information is not available in the table.
- You can relate a CI to a work order from a work order form, but you cannot relate the a work order to a CI from the CI form.
- After adding records to a work order, if you do not save the work order, or if the work order is not created due to other issues, the records related to the work order are not deleted. These records are saved as orphaned records in the system. However, the escalation
INT:FNDWOI:CLN:DelWOIAssoc, which runs every 24 hours, deletes any tasks that are in inactive state longer than a defined retention period, and do not have any parent work order associated with it.
To relate work orders to other fulfillment records
- On the IT Home Page, select Service Request Management > Search Work Order, and click Search.
- Select the work order, and click the Relationships tab.
From the list of records, select the type of record to which you want to relate the current record.
If you want to create a new work order by using a template and then define the relationship, you must first apply the template to create the work order and then define the relationship.
In the search window for the request type, enter a string in the Search field, and click the Search icon.
The search fields that are displayed can vary depending on the type of record that you chose in the Search list.
- In the search results table, select the record to relate to the work order.
- From the Select a Relationship Type list at the bottom of the search dialog box, select Related to, and click Relate.
To view related work orders
- On the Relationships tab, select a related work order in the table.
- Click the View icon.
The related work orders appear on the Work Order form.
- To return to the current work order, click on the work order number listed in the path of links ("bread crumbs") at the top of the form.
To view and manage relationships with other fulfillment records
- To view a related fulfillment record, such as an incident record, select it in the Relationships table, and click the View icon.
- To remove a relationship, select the service request in the Relationships table, and click the Remove icon .
To restrict the number of requests that appear in the table, select the request type in the Show Related field.