Monitoring service requests
Monitor the current open and late requests, run request reports, and examine request trends by using the Business Manager console. The Business Manager console uses flashboards to provide important data points and key metrics as charts and percentages.
You must have Business Manager permission to access the Business Manager console. For more information, see Roles and permissions in BMC Service Request Management.
Watch this video on how to view late requests in the Business Manager console.
To view status overview information in the flashboards
- On the Business Manager console, select one of the following options from the Chart list:
- Open Requests—shows all open requests.
- Late Requests By Category—shows all late requests by their Category 1 level.
These charts provide key metrics associated with requests occurring in the organization.
(Optional) Set the Apply search criteria? option to Yes.
When you select this option, the values entered in the Search Criteria fields are also be applied to the charts displayed in the flashboard.
The values that you enter can cause the chart to show no data in the flashboard. For example, if you query the requests that are closed, but the chart shows open requests, the search returns no rows.
- To view information about a graph, hover your mouse pointer over one of the bars in the bar chart.
- To view the requests, click the graph.
The request form opens in the Edit mode, showing the records that are in the Initiated state. You can scroll through these records and modify them as needed.
To search for and sort requests
Select a Search Criteria filter to filter the requests that you want to see.
For example, from the Status list on the Business Manager console, select a status such as Draft or In Progress to view those requests.
- Click Search to display results.
(Optional) Click Clear to remove all search criteria and try again, or click Default to reset search criteria to their default settings and try again. (You can set default search criteria in the console preferences.)
- Select a request in the Search Results table. An abbreviated list of details appears in the Request Summary (for example, the service coordinator, the submit date, any price associated with the request, and so on). If the list of requests is long, it is paginated.
(Optional) Select a page number from the Page drop-down list to view requests on that page.
To view request details
- To search for requests, use the Search Criteria filters.
- From the search results, select a request.
- Click Request Details.
On the Details tab, you can view information about the request, for example, the request ID, status, submit and required dates, and so on. The Activity Log panel on the right shows comments entered by the user and fulfillment workers.
- To view the provided information from the requester, click the Additional Details tab.
To view the processes behind the request and the fulfillment details, click the Process View tab.
Depending on your permissions and the definition of the request, you might not see the Process View tab. For more information, see Checking the use of a PDT by other PDTs or SRDs.
To add request work information
- Select a request from search results, and click Add Info To Request.
- From the Request Work Info form, add work information as needed (for example, notes or an attachment).
- Click Save.
To configure the default search criteria
- On the Business Manager console, select Functions > Preferences.
- From the Application Preferences form, click the Business Manager tab.
- Modify the default search criteria for the Business Manager console.
For example, you might want the default settings for a particular company and region to appear (for example, the Northeast region of Calbro Services).
(Optional) If you want the values entered into the Search Criteria fields applied to the flashboard, select Yes for the Apply search criteria? option.
By default, this option is set to No. The values you enter can cause the chart to show no data in the flashboard. For example, if you query the requests that are closed, but the chart shows open requests, the search returns no rows.
- Click Save.
You must close and then open the Business Manager console again for the changes to appear.