Creating individual and group approvers
Before you configure the approval process, you must ensure that the approvers are defined in the system. When defining approvers, remember the following tips:
- You can add individuals or support groups as approvers.
- Group approval requests are sent only to group members with the Request Approver or SRD Approver roles.
- If an individual approver is needed, only people defined in the People form can be chosen as approvers.
To create individual and group approvers
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Foundation > People > People, and then click Open.
- On the People form, enter the person's information.
- To include the person as a group approver, define the person as a member of the Support Staff.
In the Application Permissions area of the Login/Access Details tab, give the person the required BMC Service Request Management permissions (for example, Service Request User).
The minimum requirement to approve a service request in Service Request Management is that the approver must be registered as a user in the People form. Users with this level of access can view service requests in the Request Entry console, but they must use Approval Server to approve the requests.
- To include the person as a group approver, in the Functional Role Update tab of the Update Support Group Membership and Roles form for support groups, give the person the Request Approver or SRD Approver support roles.
- Add any other permissions as necessary.
- Click Save.