Creating a PDT that opens a URL
The quick launch PDT launches a URL in another window. This is useful when you want to link to another site that also lets users make requests, such as a link to your Human Resources intranet site or an external financial services site where employees can check their accounts.
When a user clicks the link created from a quick launch PDT, a request is created and is immediately closed. You can then use these links to obtain usage statistics for a site by running a report.
To create a quick launch PDT
- From IT Home, open the Service Catalog Manager console.
- Click Console Focus in the left navigation pane, and then click Process.
- Click Create.
- In the Name and Description fields, enter the PDT's name and description.
Add a company to the PDT.
The company can represent internal groups or business units as well as external vendors or customers. If you select Global , any user (including guests) can access the PDT.
PDTs can be used in a multi-tenancy environment.
- From the Request Type list, select Quick Launch.
This launches a URL in another window and completes the service request. These service requests do not require approval. In the PDT context, the catalog manager must select quick launch AOTs.
See Creating an SRD that opens a URL in another window. For more information about AOT template types, see Creating application templates and application object templates.
- To associate an application object or process to the PDT, click Standard Editor.
Use the Add/Change Processes dialog box to add or remove quick launch AOTs.
- Select a quick launch AOT from the list, and click Select.
- In the process definition template form, click the General Details tab.
- Define the category.
You can select a category from the menu, for example, Generic. You can also enter a new PDT category (for example, BMC Change Management, BMC Incident Management, or Work Order Management). After you save the PDT, you can select these categories from the Category menu. If multi-tenancy is enabled, not all categories are available to all managers.
- Specify the status (for example, Active).
- (optional) Add a version number.
- Click Save.