Configuring service request HTML definitions
You can view and modify the underlying HTML definition code used in the BMC Service Request Management consoles and forms by using the Service Request HTML form. For example, you can modify the text, the spacing of table cells, background colors, and so on, of the Summary window that appears in the Request Entry console.
To configure service request HTML definitions
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Service Request Management > Advanced > Service Request HTML Configuration, and click Open.
- On the Service Request HTML form, click Search.
From the results list, select the record for your locale for one of following Text Tag names:
Text Tag name
Shows a summary in the Request Entry console
Shows Broadcast Details
Shows a Request Summary in the Service Request Coordinator Console
Shows PDT details in the Service Catalog Manager Console
Shows SRD details in the Service Catalog Manager Console
Shows SRD Description in the Request Entry console
Shows a Service Request Summary in the Service Catalog Manager Console
Shows questions in the Request Details dialog box that is displayed after clicking the Request Details button from a console
Shows Request Details in the Request Details dialog box that is displayed after clicking the Request Details button from a console
Shows Request Details and Questions in the Request Details dialog box that is displayed after clicking the Request Details button from a console
Formats a table section for displaying Activity log details
Formats each Activity log entry in a table row
- Modify the information as needed.
- (Optional) Add locale information to the HTML code.
For example, you can use the fr_FR locale to localize this content for your French audience. This content appears in French when users log in to the AR System server with the fr_FR locale.
- (Optional) To see the effects of your changes to the HTML code, click Preview HTML.
- Click Save.