Communicating with work order assignees and groups
You can contact work order assignees and groups by sending emails through the work order form. You can also use reminders to create notes for yourself and others.
To send an email message
- On the IT Home page, select Service Request Management > Search Work Order, and click Search.
- Select the work order from which to send the email.
- From the left navigation pane, select Functions > Email System.
- In the Email System dialog box, indicate the recipient by selecting one of the following options:
- Current Contact — When you open the Email System form, if there is a current contact assigned to the record, the contact's name and contact information appears in the table and is the default recipient.
- Current Assignee — Select this option to select the current assignee. The current assignee's name and contact information appears in the table.
- If you are sending the email to another recipient, complete the following steps:
- Complete the fields in the People Search Criteria area, and click Search.
- When the search finishes, select the recipient's name in the search results table.
If you need to see more information to determine which is the correct name in the list, select an individual's name from the list, and click View. This opens the People form, which contains detailed information about the recipient.
Complete the email information fields:
Field Description Internet Email Type the recipient's email address here.You can find this information by selecting the person's name from the search results list, and clicking View. When the People form appears, look for the Internet Email field on the General tab. Email Subject Line By default, the subject line contains the work order ID number, to which you can append text to or over-type. Email Message Body Type the message text here. A series of buttons, to the right of the Email Message Body field, enables you to automatically insert text from the record into the message text.If one or more of these buttons appear disabled, it means the corresponding field in the record contains no information. Email Attachment You can attach a file to the email message (you are limited to only one attachment). To add an attachment, right-click inside the Email Attachment table, and click Add.
- Click Send Email Now.
You can create generic reminders, or you can create reminders that are associated with a specific work order or task. For example, you can send yourself a note to follow up on a work order.
You can send reminders by email or through alerts.
Whether you access these reminders from the console or from a work order determines which reminders you can view:
- When you open the Reminders dialog box from the console, you can view all reminders that you have created.
- When you open reminders from a work order, you can view all reminders associated with that work order. This includes reminders created by other users of the application.
You can modify or delete only the reminders that you have created.
To create a reminder
- On the IT Home page, select Service Request Management > Work Order Console.
- Select Functions > Reminders.
- In the Reminders dialog box, click the Create Reminder tab.
- In the Notify list, select Individual or Group, depending on whether you are sending the reminder to a single person or a group of people.
- In the Recipient field, type the name of the person or group to notify.
If you type a name in the Recipient field and press ENTER, the AR Login field is automatically populated. If you leave the field empty and press Enter, the People Search dialog box appears. You can search for a name and select it from a list. The Recipient and AR Login fields are automatically populated.
- In the Time field, enter the time that you want the system to send the reminder.
You can type the information, or you can click the button next to the field and select the time from the calendar that appears. By default, the Time field contains the current date and time.
- In the Subject field, enter information about the reminder.
The information in this field appears in the subject line if the reminder is sent by email.
- In the Message field, type the reminder message.
- Click Save.
The reminder is sent at the time you specified.
To view, modify and delete reminders
- In the Work Order Management console, or from a work order, select Functions > Reminders.
- In the Show Reminders field, select the set of reminders to view:
The reminders appear in the table.
- Select a reminder, and click View.
- To modify a reminder, select it in the Reminder Details dialog box, change it as needed, and click Save.
- To delete a reminder, select the reminder, and click Delete.