Checking the use of a PDT by other PDTs or SRDs
View the PDT and see the process components (AOTs and nested PDTs) and their flow in the Visual Process Editor to see the other PDTs and SRDs that are using the PDT.
You can also use View Relationships functionality to view SRD, AOT, and PDT relationships. See Viewing object relationships.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have the Request Catalog Manager permissions. For more information about roles and permissions, see Roles and permissions in BMC Service Request Management.
To view process components and flow in the Visual Process Editor
You can use the Visual Process Editor to view a PDT's process components (AOTs and nested PDTs) and their flow.
- Log in to the Service Catalog Manager console and search for the PDT.
- On the Process View tab, select a PDT in the search results, and click View.
- In the Process Definition Template form, click the Process Details tab.
The information shown in this window is read-only if the associated SRD is deployed. If the SRD is offline or not deployed, you can modify the process objects.
To view a list of SRDs, AOTs, and PDTs related to a PDT
After searching for PDTs in the Process View, you can see the all AOTs, PDTs, and SRDs that are associated with a PDT. Select a PDT in the search results table, and select the Process tab or the Request Definition tab.
Process tab — related AOTs and PDTs
Request Definition tab — related SRDs
To check the use of a PDT by other PDTs or SRDs
- On the Process View tab, select a PDT in the search results and click View.
- In the Process Definition Template form, click Relationships.
The PDT Used In section displays the SRDs that use this PDT.