Allowing unknown users to access the Request Entry console
A user is considered to be a unknown user if a People record does not exist for the person. In single-tenancy mode, you can allow unknown users to access the Request Entry console to view and submit requests defined for the Global company.
Unknown users are not allowed to perform the following actions in the Request Entry console:
- Add services and articles to Favorites
- Use the cart to submit requests
- Submit requests on behalf of others
- Provide feedback
- Complete survey
- Set user preferences
- Access Approval Central
- View approval count
- The following procedure only applies to single-tenancy mode. In multi-tenancy mode, guest users allowed by the AR System must have a People record to access the Request Entry console.
- The following procedure does not apply to service requests created in Smart IT. Smart IT requires the Requested For user (the Customer) to have a People record with a login ID.
To allow unknown users access to the Request Entry console
- In the Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- Select Foundation > Advanced Options > System Configuration Settings > System Settings
- On the System Settings form, set the tenancy mode to Single-Tenancy and add a company name.
- On the Custom Configuration tab, select Service Request Management > Advanced > Application Settings.
- On the Application Settings form, set Allow Unknown Users to Yes and add login information.
- Create a default People record with a valid AR System login to be used for unknown users.
- On the Configuration tab of the AR System Administration: Server Information form, select the Allow Guest User option.