Working with requests that require approval
If the Request Catalog Manager has configured a service request to require approval, you can view the individuals who must approve your requests.
During the approval process, if approvers need information from you about your request, they will send you questions. You can respond to approver questions in the Request Entry console.
To view current approvers
From the My Requests pod in the Request Entry console, locate a request and click Details.
If the Details link is not visible, an approver has requested more information from you.
- In the Request Details dialog box, select the Additional Details tab.
The names of approvers, the status, and other details appear in the Approval History pane.
To respond to approver questions
- Open the Request Entry console.
- From the My Requests pod, select Requests needing attention from the Show list.
- Select a request that has a status of Waiting Approval.
- (Optional) To view details of the request before responding, click the name of the request.
- Click the Respond link.
- In the More Information dialog box, read the question and provide your answer in the Response field.
- Click Submit.