Troubleshooting fulfillment requests and CAI plug-in issues
In BMC Service Request Management, service requests generate fulfillment requests, such as incidents, change requests, and work orders by using the CAI plug-in interface forms. The CAI plug-in, which is related to the Remedy AR System server Java plug-in process, creates the fulfillment requests and syncs the status and the data between service requests and their associated fulfillment requests. When you create a fulfillment record, the entries use the
SRM_OUT_CREATE_APP_REQUEST outbound command in the Event field on CAI:Events form.
When you are creating fulfillment requests, some issues related to CAI:Events records can occur.
The following are some of the issues related to the CAI:Events records:
- The records are not processed until the plug-in server process is restarted.
- The records process slowly.
- The records are stuck in the Running status.
- The records display the Error status and fulfillment tickets are not generated.
- When there is an issue with the CAI plug-in.
- When CAI:Events is not able to process the record or when the data is missing.
- When the private queue is not configured for the CAI plug-in as the plug-in uses a FAST queue and shares the resources with other Remedy AR System server activities.
- When there are a large number of records in the SRM:Variable table.
- When multiple fulfillment record creation attempts are made by using the same InstanceId (Field 179) value.
- When Remedy AR System server issues occur, for example, resource, database, network, or configuration issues.
- When issues related to a particular SRD, approvals, CAI plug-in, or data occur.
Diagnosing and reporting an issue
After you identify the symptoms and scope of the issue, use the troubleshooting guide to help diagnose and resolve the issue or to create a BMC Support case.
Check the following configuration settings:
For more information, see .
|Gather the log files|
For information about gathering the log files, see Troubleshooting functional areas of the application.
Resolutions for common issues
The fulfillment creation process fails, and the following error messages are displayed in the failed CAI:Events record.
|When the mappings are incorrect or when there is missing data in the mappings.|
Performance issues such as the fulfillment creation is slow. For example, records in the CAI:Events record stay in a running state for a long time, or the Remedy AR System server timeout error messages are displayed for the failed CAI:Events records.
When the private queue is not configured for the CAI plug-in as the plug-in uses a FAST queue and shares the resources with other Remedy AR System server activities.
Create a private queue for CAI.
For more information, see .
The fulfillment records are created with a delay or not created at all.
|When there are a large number of records in the SRM:Variable table.|
Archive and clean up any records that are no longer required, based on the age and the request status. For more information, see .
For information about issues with the Process Definition Template (PDTs), see Troubleshooting the creation of AOTs, PDTs, and SRDs.
There are issues with the CAI plug-in processing.
For example, the following error messages are displayed in the arerror.log or the arjavaplugin.log files with similar timestamps as the CAI plug-in issue:
When the Remedy AR System server issues occur.
For example, resource, database, network, or configuration issues.
The service request is in the Submitted status, and the fulfillment record is not created.
|When issues related to a particular SRD, approvals, a CAI plug-in or data occur.||Contact BMC Customer Support.|
|The service request is in the Initiated status and the fulfillment record or the CAI:Events record is not created.||When there is an issue with the CAI plug-in.||Capture the plug-in related log files and contact BMC Customer Support.|
|The service request is in the Initiated or in the In Progress status for a multi-step process and the CAI:Events record is not created when there are CAI:EventParams records.||When the CAI:Events is not able to process the record or when the data is missing.||Follow the steps documented in the Service Request fulfillment request not created, but records for it exist in CAI:EventParams article on BMC Communities.|