When you create a PDT, you can also include other locales. You create additional sets of display properties for your users, based on other locales you specify, for example, fr. These display properties are automatically related to each other.
The parent AOTs and PDTs appear in the first locale created. As a result, if you first create an AOT in English and then localize it for French, you only see the parent English AOT shown in the PDT form.
To localize PDTs
- Create the PDT.
- Add the localized AOT or localized nested PDTs to this PDT.
- Click Other Locales.
- In the Defined Locales dialog box, specify a new locale, for example, fr.
- Enter a name of this PDT, based on your locale.
- Provide a summary, based on your locale.
- Click Add to save the display properties for this locale.
- Add more locales as needed.
Close the dialog box, and click Save.
The localized PDTs appear in the Process View of the Service Catalog Manager Console.
The localized PDTs have the same template ID as the original. The Service Catalog Manager can use these localized PDTs when creating an SRD.