Defining radio button questions
Radio button questions appear in the Request Entry Console as single selectable buttons.
To define radio button questions
- Open the Questions & Mappings dialog box for an SRD. See Adding questions to an SRD.
- On the Questions tab, click Add Question.
- In the Question Text field, enter a question for users.
If you want to enter the greater than (>) or less than (<) sign in the Question Text field, use encoded text (> for >, and < for <); otherwise, browsers will interpret the greater than and less than signs as HTML markup, which is not supported. For more information, see Restrictions in creating questions.
- In the Question Format field, select Radio Buttons.
- (Optional) In the Instructions field, enter instructions on responding to the question.
In the Displayed Value field, enter the value that appears to users (for example, a department name, such as Accounting).
In the Stored Value field, enter an internal value (for example, a department number, such as 80300).
- Click Add.
- Repeat step 6 through step 8 for each option you want to add.
- Click Save.