Configuring approvals for SRDs and requests
You configure approvals to ensure that the appropriate people review, approve, and reject SRDs and service requests. The default approval options in BMC Service Request Management are preconfigured in BMC Remedy Approval Server. The approval server is shipped with BMC Remedy AR System and should be installed on the same computer as BMC Service Request Management.
- You must have the SRM Administrator permission to configure BMC Service Request Management approvals.
- If you are using Process Designer, ad hoc approvals are given precedence over custom approvals in Process Designer.
To use the default approval options, you use settings in the Application Administration Console and in the SRD. Except in special cases, you do not configure anything in the approval server directly.
Do not modify or disable any of the default approval processes, rules, or chains. Doing so might break functionality or cause unexpected behavior.
Read the following topics to learn more about how you can configure approvals for SRDs and service requests:
- Configuring approvals for SRDs
- Configuring approvals for service requests
- Creating individual and group approvers
- Creating approver mappings