Viewing installation and uninstallation log files
The BMC Service Request Management Maintenance tool provides access to installation and uninstallation logs. Each time that you run the installer or uninstaller, it creates a log file that you can view from a log viewer, which you launch from the Maintenance Tool.
The log viewer is the graphical presentation of the log files. Each installer log session is displayed as a tab. The tab's name includes a timestamp of the installer run. The tab displays the contents of the log file, with errors highlighted in red and warnings highlighted in yellow. Entries are presented in a table format that you can sort.
To view the logs, open the BMC Service Request Management Maintenance tool and then use the log viewer, as described in this topic.
Opening the BMC Service Request Management Maintenance tool
You can run the Maintenance Tool in a graphical user interface or from the command line.
To run the Maintenance Tool in a graphical user interface
- (Windows) Go to the <installationDirectory>\BMCServiceRequestManagement\Utilities folder, and run the BMCServiceRequestManagementMaintenanceTool.cmd file.
- (UNIX) Go to the <installationDirectory>/BMCServiceRequestManagement\Utilities directory and run the ./BMCServiceRequestManagementMaintenanceTool.sh file.
- (Product installation DVD) Run the tool from the utility directory.
To run the Maintenance Tool from the command line
- (Windows) From the <installationDirectory>\BMCServiceRequestManagement\Utilities folder, run
- (UNIX) From the <installationDirectory>/BMCServiceRequestManagement\Utilities directory, run
To learn about command-line options
To learn about available command-line options, use the
-? option when you run the command.
To view installation and uninstallation log files in the log viewer
- In the Maintenance Tool, click the Logs tab.
- Click Install Log.
- In the log viewer, click the tab for the log that you want to view.
- Search for rows highlighted in red (errors) or yellow (warnings).
To sort a column, click the column header. To reverse sort a column, press the Shift key while clicking the column header.