When the fulfillment provider successfully finishes the request fulfillment process, the request automatically reaches the Completed status. If your request has been completed (or rejected) but the service is incomplete, you can reopen it from the Request Entry console. For more information about reopening a request, see the following points:
- You can reopen a request from a survey. For more information, see Submitting a request survey.
- You cannot reopen a request after it reaches the Closed status.
- A request with the status as Completed, is automatically closed after 15 days. This happens when an associated incident is closed and incident rules are configured to automatically close resolved incidents. But, if you reopen the request within those 15 days, the incident doesn't reopen. Instead, the original request is reopened in the fulfillment application, or a work order is created.
- If you are reopening a request that was rejected during an approval process, the request status changes to Draft. If you are reopening a completed request, or a request that was rejected by a fulfillment application worker, the request status changes to Initiated or In Progress, depending on the status of the fulfillment request.
To reopen a request
From the Show field on the Request Entry console, select Closed Requests.
For a more narrowly defined search, select Recently Closed Requests or Requests Closed Since Last Login.
- Select a request that has been rejected or completed.
- Click Reopen and then click Yes .
- On the Request Work Info form, add summary information, notes, and attachments as needed.
- Click Save.
- From the Show field, select All Open Requests, or click Open Requests in the left navigation pane.
- If your original request was rejected, select the reopened request, and click Complete Request.
On the Provide Information screen, enter the required information, and click Submit.
If you re-open a completed service request, the system sends out another survey notification when the re-opened service request is completed. This survey notification points to the same survey and allows you to make updates to the previously submitted survey response. For more information, see Submitting a request survey.