Hiding or displaying the Task and Categorization tab on the Work Order form
You can control whether the Task and the Categorization tabs appear in the Best Practice view of the Work Order form. Both of the tabs appear by default.
If your organization does not use the Task or Categorization features when managing work orders, then you can hide the tabs.
To hide or display the Task and the Categorization tabs
- Log on to the BMC Remedy ITSM suite using an account that has Work Order Config permissions.
- From the IT Home page, open the Application Administration console.
- From the Custom Configuration tab, choose Service Request Management > Work Order > Work Order Settings.
- On the Work Order Settings dialog box, click Show Settings.
- From the Work Order Task Tab menu, select No to hide the tab, or select Yes to display the tab.
- From the Work Order Categorization Tab menu, select No to hide the tab, or select Yes to display the tab.
- Click Add/Modify Settings, and then click Close.
Users who are logged on to the BMC Remedy ITSM suite at the time that these changes are made must log out and then log on to see the change.