Creating a quick launch PDT
The quick launch PDT launches a URL in another window. You might want to link to another site that also lets users make requests, such as a link to your Human Resources intranet site or an outside financial services site where employees can check their retirement accounts.
When a user clicks the link created from a quick launch PDT, a request is created and is immediately closed. You can then use these links to obtain usage statistics for a site by running a report.
To create a quick launch PDT
- Open the IT Home Page.
- Click the Service Catalog Manager Console link.
- Click Console Focus in the left navigation pane, and click Process.
- Click Create.
- In the Name and Description fields, enter the PDT's name and description.
Add a company to the PDT.
The company can represent internal groups or business units as well as external vendors or customers. If you select Global , any user (including guests) can access the PDT.
PDTs can be used in a multi-tenancy environment.
- From the Request Type list, select Quick Launch.
Quick launch request types launch a URL in another window and complete the service request. These service requests do not require approval. In the PDT context, the catalog manager must select quick launch AOTs.
See Creating a quick launch SRD. For more information about AOT template types, see Creating application templates and application object templates.
- Click Standard Editor to associate an application object or process to the PDT.
Use the Add/Change Processes dialog box to add or remove quick launch AOTs.
- Select a quick launch AOT from the list, and click Select.
- Click the General Details tab in the process definition template form.
- Define the category.
You can select a category from the menu, for example, Generic. You can also enter a new PDT category (for example, BMC Change Management, BMC Incident Management, or Work Order Management). After you save the PDT, you can select these categories from the Category menu. If multi-tenancy is enabled, not all categories are available to all managers.
- Specify the status (for example, Active).
- (optional) Add a version number.
- Click Save.