Configuring survey questions
Use the Search Survey form to set up survey questions for your requesters.
You can configure BMC Service Request Management to automatically send a survey for a specific company or select Global to make the survey available to all companies when a service request is resolved.
You must have the Service Request Management Administrator permission to access this form from the Custom Configuration tab. However, the Service Catalog Manager can create questions "on the fly" in the Search Survey form when working with an SRD (in the Service Request tab).
To configure survey questions
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Service Request Management > Advanced > Survey Configuration, and click Open.
- From the Search Survey form, select the company to which this survey applies, or select Global to make this survey available to all companies.
- To create a survey, click Create.
- From the Survey Configuration dialog box, enter a name for your survey.
- Click Save.
- From the Search for Survey form, click Manage Questions.
- From the Manage Questions dialog box, perform these steps to create or modify questions in your survey:
Specify a locale, if your questions must be localized (for example, fr_FR).
To display the questions in the specified locale, the locale must also be specified in User Preferences. For more information about setting user preferences, see Using the Request Entry console.
- Specify the numerical sequence.
- Enter the question.
- Click Add or Modify.
If you configure fewer than four survey questions, the undefined question boxes are displayed to requesters as read-only boxes without questions.