Configuring business hours and holidays
You can view and modify the hours of operation for each support group. Support group business hours and holidays are used in calculating the expected completion date of requests and in the Work Order Management application.
To add or update business hours and holidays
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Foundation > Organizational Structures > Support Groups , and click Open.
- In the Support Group form, search for the support group that is the selected coordinator group.
This group is specified in the Coordinator Group field on the Service Request tab of the SRD.
- Select the support group, and click the Business Hours and Holidays tab.
- In the Business Hours area, click Update.
On the Define Business Hours form, click Server Time Zone.
If the time zone has not already been set, choose Foundation > Organizational Structures > Time zone from the Custom Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console.
- Enter the start and end times, or click the 7 X 24 or the Default button, and click Save.
The business hours you specified appear on the Business Hours and Holidays tab of the Support Group form.
- To add business holidays, click Update in the Business Holidays section of the form.
- On the Business Holidays Definition form, click Server Time Zone to select the time zone for the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- In the Holiday field, enter a holiday date.
- Click Add, and enter any additional holidays.