Specifying entitlement information for a specific SRD
This topic describes how to create an entitlement rule for a specific SRD. For example, you might want to specify that the Purchase an iPhone SRD applies only to the Executive Management or the Technical Writers group.
To specify entitlement information for a specific SRD
- Open an SRD.
- Open the IT Home Page, and select Service Request Management > Service Catalog Manager Console.
- Click Console Focus in the left navigation pane, and click Request Definition.
The Request Definition View appears in the Service Catalog Manager Console.
- Perform an SRD search.
- From the list of matching SRD records in the search results table, open the record to modify.
- Ensure that the status of the SRD is offline.
You cannot add entitlement rules to SRDs that are online.
- Click the Entitlements tab.
- If you are creating an SRD, click Refresh to make any default entitlement rules appear.
- Click Add New Rule or Modify.
The Entitlement Rule dialog box appears.
- To create an entitlement rule, perform the following steps:
Select the people qualification. To create a new people qualification, click Add. For information about people qualification options, see Creating people qualifications.
The content of the SRD Qualification Name field is preselected and cannot be modified. To define an entitlement rule with a more generic SRD qualification, you must access the Entitlement Console, as explained in Creating entitlement rules.
(Optional) To prevent the group or persons that you selected from accessing the SRD, select the Exclusion Rule check box.
If you do not select this check box, the groups or persons that you selected are entitled to use the SRD.
- Click Save.
- Save the changes to your SRD.
The rule appears in the Entitlement Rules table.
- If you are modifying an SRD, return the SRD to online.