When you configure an application object template (AOT), you can also include other locales. You can create additional sets of display properties for your users, based on other locales you specify, for example, fr. These display properties are automatically related to each other.
Before you proceed, ensure that you understand the AOT configuration. See Creating application templates and application object templates.
To localize AOTs
- To create the AOT, on the Custom Configuration tab of the Application Administration Console, choose Service Request Management >Application Configuration > Define Application Object Template, and click Open.
- Search for a record and open it.
- Click Other Locales.
- In the Defined Locales dialog box, specify a new locale, for example, fr.
- Enter a "user-friendly" name of this AOT, based on your locale.
- Provide a summary, based on your locale.
- Click Add to save the display properties for this locale.
- Add more locales as needed.
- Close the dialog box, and click Save.
The Service Catalog Manager can use this localized AOT when creating a PDT.