Defining date and time questions
Date and time questions appear in the Request Entry Console as a calendar field next to the response field for user selection.
- Because date questions are not copied, consider making the question mandatory to ensure that users enter a new date when submitting a request that has been copied using the Request Again feature.
- When you map date questions to variables, use the Internally Represented Response option. This ensures that the date field contains the value for when the request was created on the server.
- The Internally Represented Response for Date/Time, Date, and Time questions is a numeric string rather than a readable date or time format. For more information, see Question format restrictions.
To use custom date formats in the Required Completion and Expected Completion fields, and in all date and time questions on the Provide Information form, users must select the Custom Date format for the Display Data/time Style (Web) field on the Web tab of the AR System User Preference form. For more information about setting preferences on the Web tab, see . For more information about setting user preferences, see .
To define date and time questions
- Open the Questions & Mappings dialog box for an SRD.
- On the Questions tab, click Add Question.
- In the Question Text field, enter a question for users.
If you want to enter the greater than (>) or less than (<) sign in the Question Text field, use encoded text (> for >, and < for <); otherwise, browsers will interpret the greater than and less than signs as HTML markup, which is not supported.
- (Optional) In the Instructions field, enter instructions on responding to the question
- In the Question Format field, select Date/Time, Date, or Time.
- Click Save.