Allowing unknown users to access the Request Entry console
A user is considered to be a unknown user if a People record does not exist for the person. In single-tenancy mode, you can allow unknown users to access the Request Entry console to view and submit requests defined for the Global company. To do so, the AR System server must be configured to allow guest users, and a guest user login must be configured in the BMC Service Request Management application, as explained in the following procedure.
- The following procedure only applies to single-tenancy mode. In multi-tenancy mode, guest users allowed by the AR System server must have a People record to access the Request Entry console.
- The following procedure does not apply to service requests created in Smart IT. Smart IT requires the Requested For user (the Customer) to have a People record with a login ID.
- If you do not want guest users who have a BMC Remedy AR System login and no People record, to access your system, do not enable the Allow Guest User option in AR System server settings.
Guest users are not allowed to perform the following actions in the Request Entry console:
- Add services and articles to Favorites
- Use the cart to submit requests
- Submit requests on behalf of others
- Provide feedback
- Complete survey
- Set user preferences
- Access Approval Central
- View approval count
To allow unknown users access to the Request Entry console
- From the Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- On the System Settings form, set the tenancy mode to Single-Tenancy and add a company name.
To open the System Settings form, open the Application Administration Console, and click the Custom Configuration tab. Then, choose Foundation > Advanced Options > System Configuration Settings > System Settings.
- On the Application Settings form, set Allow Unknown Users to Yes and add login information.
To open the Application Settings form, open the Application Administration Console, and click the Custom Configuration tab. Then, choose Service Request Management > Advanced > Application Settings.
- Create a default People record with a valid BMC Remedy AR System login to be used for unknown users.
- On the Configuration tab of the AR System Administration: Server Information form, select the Allow Guest User option.