BMC Service Request Management 18.05
The BMC Service Request Management application enables an IT department and other business departments to easily define available services, publish those services in a service catalog, and automate fulfillment of those services for the user community, enabling users to help themselves. BMC Service Request Management runs on the BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) platform and consumes data from the BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database (BMC Atrium CMDB). BMC Service Request Management works with other applications, such as BMC Incident Management and BMC Change Management, to resolve user requests. BMC Service Request Management manages the entire process, from submission to completion.
Learn what’s new or changed for BMC Service Request Management 18.05 release, including new features, urgent issues, documentation updates, and fixes or patches.
This section only includes information about changes since the most recent release of BMC Service Request Management. If you are upgrading from a previous release, review the release notes for all applicable versions of the product. For example, if you are upgrading from version 7.6.04, review the release notes for versions 8.0 , 8.1, 9.0, 9.1 and 18.05.
To stay informed of changes to this space, place a watch on this page.
Identity Request Management no longer supported
The Identity Request Management (IRM) module is no longer supported in versions 9.0 and later of BMC Service Request Management. However, IRM continues to be shipped for reference in version 9.1.00 of BMC Service Request Management.
For more information about the end of life of IRM, see Product announcements.
|May 31, 2018||18.05 enhancements||
BMC Service Request Management 18.05 enhancements include:
Additionally, the following defects are fixed in this release:
Issues resolution, logs, and contacting Support.
Frequently asked questions
Where to find information previously provided in a guide or manual
Where to find information previously provided in release notes
Where to find information previously provided in a technical bulletin
Type of technical bulletin
Found here in
Contents of a service pack or patch and instructions particular to it
Where to find information previously provided in a white paper
Found here in
Performance and Scalability of 7.6.04 SP1 BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite, BMC Service Request Management, BMC Knowledge Management, and BMC Atrium on Windows
Software component performance benchmark configuration settings
Flashes contained urgent information about product issues and are delivered after a product is released. On docs.bmc.com, this information is delivered in an "Urgent issues" topic, under Release notes and notices. If this topic does not exist for a given product release, no urgent issues have been discovered for that release.
Yes, all of the documentation for BMC Service Request Management 9.1 is in this space. Links to documentation for related products are found in Additional resources from BMC.
The BMC Documentation portal gives you the ability to generate PDF and Microsoft Word documents of single pages, and to create PDF exports of multiple pages in a space.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
XML and HTML exports
If you require an export in XML or HTML format, contact us.
Depending on the number of topics included in the export, it might take several minutes to create the PDF. Once the export is complete, you can download the PDF.
Additional resources from BMC
The following BMC sites provide information outside of the BMC Service Request Management 9.1 documentation that you might find helpful:
- BMC Communities, Service Support community
- BMC Service Request Management Support page BMC Service Request Management Support
- BMC Support Knowledge Base, search filtered by BMC Service Request Management
- BMC Educational Services, BMC Service Request Management learning path
- Documentation for related products
- BMC IT Service Management Suite documentation
- BMC Asset Management documentation
- BMC Knowledge Management documentation
- BMC Service Desk documentation
- BMC Change Management documentation
- BMC Service Level Management documentation
- BMC Virtual Chat documentation
- BMC Remedy with Smart IT documentation
- BMC MyIT documentation
- Troubleshooting the installation, migration, or upgrade
- Working with logs
- Troubleshooting functional areas of the application
- Troubleshooting processes related to a service
- Troubleshooting localization
- Troubleshooting SRD ID number generator conflicts on the production server
- BMC Service Request Management Maintenance tool
- Troubleshooting Identity Request Management issues
- Support information
Troubleshooting event errors