Verifying successful user onboarding and content import
After you complete the user onboarding and content import processes, verify that all users have been successfully onboarded and content has been imported. Perform this procedure for single-company and multicompany environments.
To verify successful user onboarding and content import
- Verify that there are no error messages in the smartreporting.log file in RemedySmartReportingInstallLocation/SmartReporting/appsserver/logs/.
- To verify that the customer has been successfully onboarded, log in to the Mid Tier as follows:
- Single-company user onboarding—Use the login ID of the AR System user who has been defined as the BMC Helix ITSM: Smart Reporting Administrator (for example, Bob).
- Multicompany user onboarding (one company at a time and bulk)—Log in as the BMC Helix ITSM: Smart Reporting super administrator, usually siadmin.
- From the Applications menu, navigate to Smart Reporting > Smart Reporting Console.
- On the BMC Helix ITSM: Smart Reporting console, navigate to Administration > Admin Console.
- From the Administration pane at the right, select Client Organizations.
- Verify that a client organization was created for each company that you onboarded in addition to the default client organization.
For example, if you onboarded Company A and Company B, client organizations msp.admin_Company A and msp.admin_Company B should have been created.
- Click each client organization to view and verify the users that have been onboarded for the corresponding company.
- Verify that all out-of-the-box reporting content, such as dashboards and reports, is available.