Sharing reports with external users via email
In BMC Helix ITSM: Smart Reporting(Smart Reporting), you can send public reports by email to other registered users or external parties. Recipients can view the latest report results in Smart Reporting. When users click a shared report link from their inbox, the Mid Tier login page opens. Users must enter their Mid Tier credentials to view the shared report results. If cross-launch is not enabled, when users click a shared report link, an error message is displayed. To enable cross-launch, see Configuring settings to cross-launch reports.
Report sharing via email is possible for active reports only. Draft reports cannot be emailed.
Before you begin
To be able to access the shared reports, before sharing reports with users by email, the Smart Reporting super admin must configure the following settings as a one time activity:
- Log in as a Smart Reporting super admin user.
- Navigate to Administration > Configuration > System > General Settings.
If a load balancer is used, in Default org, replace the node name in the External Instance Base URL with the load balancer name.
For example, change http://nodeName:port/AdminConsole/sharereport.jsp to https://loadBalancerName/AdminConsole/sharereport.jsp.
- Click Save.
To share reports via email
- Enable cross-launch to Mid Tier for shared reports. For more information, see Configuring settings to cross-launch reports.
- On an active report, click Share.
- Select Email.
- Configure the share settings:
- Click Share Settings.
- Set Email to On.
- To share the report with external users, set Email & Broadcast Security to Unsecured.
- Click Back to share.
Click the Add Recipients field, and select the users or groups to whom you want to email the report.
To share the report with external users, manually enter their email addresses in the field.
Reports are distributed to users if they have the appropriate level of access for the report.
- (Optional) Enter a message to the email recipients.
- Select the format for the report to be shared.
The available formats are PDF, CSV, DOCX, Link to Report, HTML, and XLS.
- Click Submit.