Visualizing report data in a chart
After defining report fields on the Data page, add charts to visualize your report data. Charts are the graphic equivalent of tables and cross-tab tables. You can use this powerful charting feature to produce advanced and visually appealing charts to display a simple summary of your data or to represent complex relationships within it.
The following topics discuss visualizing report data in a chart:
- Types of charts
- Creating a chart
- Adding functions to field data in charts
- Formatting a chart
- Pointing the needle of a meter chart to a specific field value
- Visualizing multiple charts on a canvas to display in reports, dashboards, and storyboards
- Automatically generating charts and comparing metrics through Assisted Insights
- Displaying incident priorities by color in a time series chart
On the Charts page, you can drag and drop fields to add them to the chart axis, and select the type of chart you want to create.
The following videos explain more about creating charts.