Setting up report dashboards
You can examine performance by using the key performance indicators (KPI) that are displayed on a dashboard. A typical dashboard includes high-level reports that can drill down to more details. With the Remedy Smart Reporting dashboard, you can display all key reports on a single page. You can also use tabs to organize reports by subject and type. On tabs, you can search your public repository for enabled reports and add them to the selected tab, or you can grant access to prebuilt public tabs.
- Do not modify out-of-the-box dashboards. However, if you want to modify a dashboard, first create a copy, and modify the copy.
- Add to the dashboard only those reports that are relevant to the use cases. The dashboard loads all reports every time you view it, which can impact performance.
In Remedy Smart Reporting, you can create tabs with a consolidated view of related reports or related key performance indicators (KPI) so that users can perform a quick and clear system performance examination.
In addition to reports, you can add the following items to a dashboard:
- Links to associated reports—Detailed reports that provide supporting information related to the tab content. They are usually too granular or complex for use on a dashboard.
- Sub tabs—Splits the content of a tab across multiple layouts, while still sharing the same set of filters.
The following video describes how to design a standard dashboard:
For more information, see the following topics in this section:
- Creating a dashboard tab
- Applying report components to linked reports
- Managing reports on the dashboard tab