Editing a report
When you are viewing an active report (one that is not in draft mode), you can create a new report, make a copy, delete the report, or edit it.
Only one draft and one active version of a report is available at a time.
After a report has been activated, the next time you put it into draft mode for editing purposes, the active version persists. You can use the report on a dashboard, storyboard, and discussion; and other users can still view the report. After the edit is complete on the draft version, the report writer can save the report, which replaces the current active report. If the report writer selects Save As, a new report is created.
To create a new report, make a copy, or delete a report
When you are viewing an active report, click the Report tab, and select one of the following options:
- New—Leaves the current report and begins creating a new report.
- Copy—Creates a separate copy of the current report, which you can manipulate without effecting the original.
- Delete—Deletes the current report from the system.
To edit an active report
Click the Edit tab, and select one of the following options:
- Data—Places the report in draft mode and opens the report on the Data page.
- Charts—Places the report in draft mode and opens the report on the Charts page.
- Related Content—Places the report in draft mode and opens the report on the Related Content page.
- Design—Places the report in draft mode, and opens the report on the Design page.
- Name & Description—Allows you to edit the Name and Description of the report without placing it into draft mode.
- Create a Translation File—Creates a csv file of the report.
- Import Translated Content—Allows you to upload a csv file to import translated content.