Displaying incident priorities by color in a time series chart
You can display incident priorities by color in a time series chart.
- Create a report by using the Incident Management view and add the Number of Incidents and the Priority fields to the columns.
- Click Edit View.
- Click the Prepare tab and create a new DATE Function by using the + icon.
- Apply the DATE function on Submit Date.
This creates a new field in the Date and time folder.
- Rename the field as Month-Year.
- Edit the field and under field formatting, change the following values:
- Format to Date
- Date Format to Other
- Granularity to Month
- Add the Custom Date Format as MMM-YYYY.
- Save and publish the view.
- On the report page, add the newly created Month Year field to the report columns.
- Navigate to Charts and select chart type as Line charts.
- Add the Month-Year field to the Horizontal Axis, the Number of Incidents to the Vertical Axis, and the Priority to the Color section.
Click the Design tab.
The report displays the time series data based on color as Priority.
If the time series across the Horizontal Axis is too long, add a submit date filter to restrict the data to one year.