Viewing out-of-the-box reports
After installing Remedy Smart Reporting, all onboarded users can access and run out-of-the-box reports. By default, all out-of-the-box content is public, but users can make it private as needed.
This topic gives an overview of the out-of-the-box operational reports and dashboards. The following operational dashboards and reports are available out-of-the-box:
- Out-of-the-box BMC Change Management reports and dashboards
- Out-of-the-box BMC Knowledge Management reports and dashboard
- Out-of-the-box BMC Service Desk Incident Management reports and dashboards
- Out-of-the-box BMC Service Desk Problem Management reports and dashboard
- Out-of-the-box BMC Service Level Management reports
- Out-of-the-box BMC Service Request Management reports
- Out-of-the-box Configuration Management reports and dashboard
- Out-of-the-box Task Management report
- Out-of-the-box BMC Asset Management reports
- Out-of-the-box Work Order Management reports and dashboard
- Out-of-the-box BMC Data Compliance reports
- Out-of-the-box BMC Release Management reports
- Out-of-the-box Service Dashboard for monitoring services
- Out-of-the-box Service Automation Dashboard and reports for automated work orders
The out-of-the-box drill down reports are designed to be used with the parent from which you drill down. If you refresh a drilled-down report independently, the results may be incorrect due to the filter values used. Before running a child drill-down report independently, make sure you use the correct prompt or filter values.
To view out-of-the-box reports
In Remedy Smart Reporting, from the navigation pane, select Browse > Reports.
Applying report filters
You can optimize the report results by applying filters to all out-of-the-box reports.
For example, Open Releases by Business Service report contains the following filters:
- Submit Date
- Business Service
To generate the Open Releases by Business Service report for a specific business service:
- Open the report.
- In the Filters section, in the Business Service field, enter the name of a business service.
- Click Go.
- To cancel the filters, click Reset.