Broadcasting reports to Smart Reporting users
You can enable broadcasting so that you can schedule active reports for regular delivery. A report can have more than one broadcast schedule so that you can create different schedules and audiences for the same report.
If you schedule broadcasts at a very low frequency, for example, every 2 minutes, it will have a major performance impact on the server. Too many low frequency broadcast schedules can make the sever inaccessible due to resource crunch. To prevent users to create low frequency broadcast schedules, we recommend that you set the Minimum Broadcast Interval to 60 minutes. For more information about configuring the broadcast interval, see .
The following delivery types are available:
- Smart Task—Share the report results with the users by creating a task
- FTP schedule
- Save To Disk Schedule
Before you begin
Before you can enable broadcasting on a report, the Remedy Smart Reporting administrator must complete the following steps:
- Enable broadcasting on the Data Source Connection.
- Enable the Broadcasting Role permissions for user roles that require it.
To enable broadcasts for a report
- Open a report in Edit mode, and select Report > Save.
- Click the Distribution tab, and enable the following options:
- Personal Broadcast
- Click the Refresh tab, and select one of the following options:
- None—The latest data will be loaded when the report is opened.
- Manually—The user must manually refresh the data as needed.
- Periodically—Data in this report will be refreshed on the schedule you define. When you select this option, scheduling options appear. Set them as needed.