Synchronizing common content across multiple tenants
In a multitenant environment, after initial onboarding, a Remedy Smart Reporting administrator can import the out-of-the-box content and any custom public reports and dashboards into the client organizations or tenants by using either of the following options:
- The Import Content link on the Remedy Smart Reporting Admin Console. For more information, see Importing out-of-the-box content.
- The RSR:ContentSync escalation, which automatically imports content.
If you create a new view in the shared organization, but do not create a report by using that view, the RSR:ContentSync escalation does not synchronize the view with the tenants.
This topic describes the process of sharing common content through the RSR:ContentSync escalation.
Common content synchronization overview
As a Remedy Smart Reporting administrator, you can share common content with multiple tenants at the same time through the RSR:ContentSync escalation. Sharing content this way removes the administrative overhead of sharing the common content with each tenant individually.
By default, the content synchronization option is disabled for all tenants, but you can configure the settings so that a tenant can receive the common content, which is synchronized at scheduled intervals. To enable this option, use the Smart Reporting Client Sync Mapping form from Remedy AR System. For more information, see .
By default, the RSR:ContentSync escalation runs every 8 hours and synchronizes the common content with the tenants. This default frequency allows sufficient time for the content to be finalized before it is synchronized on client organizations. An AR System administrator can change the frequency of this escalation, but changing the frequency to a duration shorter than 8 hours results in synchronizing the content that is not yet finalized.
For more information, see .
How common content is synchronized
For the RSR:ContentSync escalation to synchronize the common content across multiple tenants successfully, a Remedy Smart Reporting administrator must ensure that:
- For fresh installation, a shared organization (managedServiceProviderName_sharedOrg) is created in Remedy Smart Reporting after the first tenant is onboarded.
- For upgrade, a shared organization (managedServiceProviderName_sharedOrg) is created in Remedy Smart Reporting if the base version has multitenant onboarding.
- When you make changes to content in the shared organization, the RSR:ContentSync escalation overwrites all out-of-the-box content when the escalation runs at the next scheduled interval. Then, any customizations that a tenant makes to the out-of-the-box content are lost if the tenant has opted for common content synchronization.
- If a tenant wants to stop receiving the common content at scheduled intervals, an administrator must disable the common content synchronization for that tenant in AR System. In this case, the content that was already shared with the tenant is not reverted.
The Reporting Shared Org group in Remedy AR System and the shared organization in Remedy Smart Reporting has at least one admin user. For example, Calbro is the managing company that has onboarded two tenants, A and B, and both tenants want to receive the common content. An AR System administrator must add at least one admin user from either or both of these tenants to the Reporting Shared Org group, which in turn will be synchronized to the shared organization.
The Remedy AR System administrator must add at least one tenant administrator to the Reporting Shared Org group. This administrator can belong to any of the onboarded tenants.
The following diagram explains the synchronization process of common content across multiple tenants: