Sharing reports with external users via email
In Remedy Smart Reporting, you can send public reports by email to other registered users or external parties. Recipients can view the latest report results in Remedy Smart Reporting.
Report sharing via email is possible for active reports only. Draft reports cannot be emailed.
Before you begin
Before sharing reports with users by email, the Remedy Smart Reporting super admin user must enable cross-launch to Remedy Mid Tier for shared reports. When users click a shared report link from their inbox, the Remedy Mid Tier login page opens. Users must enter their Remedy Mid Tier credentials to view the shared report results. If cross-launch is not enabled, when users click a shared report link, an error message is displayed.
To cross-launch a shared report to Remedy Mid Tier
- Log in as a Remedy Smart Reporting super admin user.
- Navigate to Administration > Configuration > System > General Settings.
If a load balancer is used, in Default org, replace the node name in the External Instance Base URL with the load balancer name.
For example, change http://nodeName:port/AdminConsole/sharereport.jsp to https://loadBalancerName/AdminConsole/sharereport.jsp.
- Click Save.
- In Client org, navigate to Administration > Configuration > System > Custom Parameters.
Update the following parameters:
Custom parameter Value MIDTIER The Mid Tier host name.
For a standalone installation of Remedy Smart Reporting, enter: hostName:portNumber
For a cluster installation of Remedy Smart Reporting, enter: Name of the Load Balancer
PROTOCOL https or http, based on your configuration.
- Click Save.
Log in to the separate Remedy Smart Reporting Administration Console at SmartReportingServerHostName:port/AdminConsole/#.
To update the MIDTIER and PROTOCOL values in the database, click Enable report sharing via URL on the Home page.
Running the Enable report sharing via URL utility is a one-time activity. However, you must run this utility whenever you update the MIDTIER and PROTOCOL custom parameters.
To share reports via email
- Enable cross-launch to Remedy Mid Tier for shared reports, as described in the To cross-launch a shared report to Remedy Mid Tier procedure.
- On an active report, click Share.
- Select Email.
- Configure the share settings:
- Click Share Settings.
- Set Email to On.
- To share the report with external users, set Email & Broadcast Security to Unsecured.
- Click Back to share.
Click the Add Recipients field, and select the users or groups to whom you want to email the report.
To share the report with external users, manually enter their email addresses in the field.
Reports are distributed to users if they have the appropriate level of access for the report.
- (Optional) Enter a message to the email recipients.
- Select the format for the report to be shared.
The available formats are PDF, CSV, DOCX, Link to Report, HTML, and XLS.
- Click Submit.